GG in the shortlist of ESA for the next medium size mission M5
The evaluation process and all related documents
- On 5 October 2016 the deadline expired for submission of proposals in response to the "Call for a medium-size mission opportunity in ESA's
Science Programme (M5)". Read the Executive Summary of the GG proposal.
- At the end of January 2017 a technical and programmatic review of the submitted proposals has been completed by ESA, resulting in a shortlist of proposals under consideration. GG is in the shortlist awaiting scientific evaluation by ESA-M5 ad hoc panels.
- On 7 November 2017 the PI of GG (Anna M. Nobili) and two members of the GG science team (Suresh Doravari and Lijing Shao) were invited for an interview by ESA-M5 panels.The interview lasted about one hour, was chaired by Michiel van der Klis and Olivier Grasset and allowed the GG scientists to briefly present, at the end of the interview, the GG final statements.
- On 12 November 2017, following a suggestion by the Co-chair Olivier Grasset, a post-interview note on some of the issues discussed at the interview was mailed to the panels' Chairs.
- On 4 December 2017 the early results of the first, successful, equivalence principle test in space by MICROSCOPE to 10-14 were published (Phys. Rev. Lett. 119, 231101 (2017)). Since the MICROSCOPE space experiment was discussed during the interview in relation to GG, on 6 April 2018 the manuscript "Testing the Equivalence Principle in space after Microscope" was mailed to the panels' Chairs and to Bill Weber, who asked most of the questions during the interview (the manuscript is being reviewed for publication on Phys. Rev. D).
- Selection of M5 mission candidate(s) expecetd by May 2018
Back to GG webpage
Last edited, April 2018